K-Scrap Resources Ltd. has been a leader in the steel recycling industry for 125 years. Located on the west side of Windsor Ontario, K-Scrap started off as a father and son company, owned by the Kovinsky family and was originally called Kovinsky & Sons. In 1933, Mr. Kovinsky purchased land from the Essex Terminal Railway (ETR) along the Detroit River, and eighty four years later, the company can still be found at that location. In 1988, the name was changed to K-Scrap Resources Ltd. to more properly reflect the industry that it was in and the diverse ownership that now existed.
K-Scrap yard taken in 1970
J. Kovinsky & Sons, Ltd., East Windsor (Sep 1929)
Loading scrap with Link-Belt K-44 Gas Crane
Tony Kovinsky, Summer 1966
Ship being loaded on Detroit River in 1968 from Hill Ave location.
Today, K-Scrap’s operations are focused on serving the industrial, commercial and construction segments. We are located along the Detroit River with convenient access to the US via Ambassador Bridge and all rail networks, and Ontario / Canada via Highway 401 and all rail networks.
K-Scrap rail access is provided by Essex Terminal Railway (ETL).
K-Scrap Resources’ quality management system promotes a continuous improvement environment similar to world-class manufacturing firms.
K-Scrap has a comprehensive incoming inspection process that includes 100% spectrometer testing on many grades. Our data is associated with incoming scale ticket number and can be referenced at any time